Thursday, August 17, 2006

Weird

Someone carelessly left the coffee off the burner here at work, so my pre-lunch cuppa was pretty chilly. "No problemo," thinks I, "I'll just nuke it."

So, I popped my cup of chilly joe in the zapper, set the time and set about contemplating my navel for the 2:25 I thought it would take to make my java nice and toasty. About 2:10 in, I heard this "whumph" noise from the wave, and when I peered in, there was coffee all over the inside and my cup was only half full. My coffee asploded!

7 comments:

Darrin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Darrin said...

umm... not to as a dumb question, but did you leave the lid on your cop o joe? in microwave world, that is a big no no. Plus, isn't 2:30 a long time for just heating up coffee? Of course, i don't normally heat up beverages in the microwave, so I really don't have much room to talk. :-P

Anyways, sorry about the misfortune involving your coffee.

Darrin said...

sorry for all the typos. i don't know what my problem is (the shrink hasn't gotten back to me with those results yet).

Anonymous said...

as for 2:30 being a long time, it depends on how big tom's cup is.

Darrin said...

ahhh... ken. you make a good point.

Anonymous said...

knowing tom, it's probably one of those 64 oz monster cups. :-)

Bald Man Tom said...

No, no, no! It's a 12 oz plastic mug that I use in the morning to heat water for my coffee press (yes, I have a coffee press at work). Normally, I nuke a full cup of water for 2:45 and it's just at a boil, so I figured 2:25 would be about right. Oopsie :)

BTW, Ken, meet Darrin. Darrin, Ken :)