Saturday, August 26, 2006

Familiar Territory

I've been moping and fairly stressed after the dismal rehearsal on Thursday. Today, I decided to do something about it. Amelia and I went to Music-Go-Round to check out some used basses. The sales guy was really helpful and played several different instruments for me (so I wouldn't have to embarass myself). He even gave me a few pointers about holding my bass correctly to avoid problems with carpal tunnel syndrome. I ended up with a used Dean Edge, the same bass I bought years ago when I played for my home church. Aside from being the best sounding of the basses in my price range (very low), it felt familiar in my hands. I still have a long way to go before I'll feel comfortable playing again, but the guitar already feels like an old friend, so that should make the going easier.

No comments: