Saturday, August 19, 2006

Too Close for Comfort

With Amelia out of town for the day, I was spending the afternoon downstairs in my lair when I heard a loud thud from somewhere above me. I went upstairs to investigate, and saw a red firetruck in the driveway! My first thought was that the house was on fire, because I had been seasoning our cast iron, but there were no flames or smoke that I could see, and I was in the kitchen. So I headed outside, and saw that there were two ladder trucks two doors down from us. Evidently they had an electrical fire that started at the box in the basement and spread through the walls and ceilings. From the front of the house, there are a few broken out windows, but I'm told that the inside is gutted.

Amelia, first thing next week, let's call the power company and have someone check out the frequent power surges we have...

No comments: