Wednesday, October 04, 2006

5 weird things about me...

At Bec's request I am adding my five "weird" facts about me...

1) I don't think it is weird but Tom does. When I buy something I will look at the one on top or in front, but will go to the bottom or back to get the one that I actually purchase. Tom just shakes his head. To me it makes sense. I can check out what I am getting but it isn't the one that everyone else has looked at/touched.

2) I love to sit outside and watching thunderstorms. Yeah I know it isn't "safe" with all that lightning but it it is pretty amazing.

3) I am terrified of deep water (aka anything over 5'7"). However I am fine if I am on a boat or any other flotation device. Odd I know - I guess trust them.

4) I still don't know what I want to be when I "grow up".

5) I am terrible at math. Example- how do I find the answer of 6+7= ? Well most people just have this memorized since 2nd grade. Not me- I have to do my "Amy math" One of the few math facts I know is that 6+6=12 so I go from there and add 1 more so in my head I literally have to do 6+6+1=13. You should see me trying to do percentages- that is a story all on it's own :)

It is your turn Tom...

2 comments:

rebecca said...

I totally don't think your #1 is weird. I think it is weirder to want the one that everyone else had touched.
Your math thing cracks me up!

Darrin said...

Interesting, I must say. Weird? I think not.

1) There are certain things that I buy in a similar fashion. Canned goods are not one of them (unless the can has a dent). I can't actually think of anything that I have bought recently where I putchase the one behind, but I know I have done it.

2) Thunderstorms are cool to watch, esp if they are in the distance and you can get a good look at the entire horizon. I was, however, not amused yesterday when leaving work in the rain with lightning overhead.

3) I do not tread water very well and in my college days, when I was much thinner, I could not float very well either. I'm okay with deep water, as long as I don't have to be in there very long and there is somewhere / something that I can get to readily if I feel panicked. When visiting Mexico, we went to a 'snorkel' place. I about drowned there. It was scary. I gave my snorkel to my Spanish teacher (it was a spanish trip). The next thing I know is his wife was freaking out cause he was at the bottom of the lagoon and not moving. One of my classmates, who had just taken a CPR class, jumped in, pulled him out, gave him CPR and he lived, albeit with 5 broken ribs.

4) Something tells me I'm supposed to be a dad or something. ;) Oh, and maybe a QA guy.

5) I'm good a percentages,b ut don't ask me to do anything above Algebra, despite the fact that took 4 college calculus classes.