Thursday, October 19, 2006

Hocking Hills: The Bald-Side View

So, before you read my post, go read Amelia's. It's much better than mine. Plus, it has lots of pretty pictures. Go ahead and read it, I'll wait...

You back? OK, then here goes.

As Amelia has already told you, we had a great day tromping around Hocking Hills. The leaves were all very pretty, the walks invigorating, the scenery breathtaking, the wonders of nature awe inspiring. There were so many wonderful memories made during our day in the parks, but one will stand out in my mind.

My wife fell on her ass. It was funny.

We had just explored Old Man's Cave, dropped down to view the lower falls, and then doubled back to the upper falls, and were going to head back to the car to do some caching. At the top of the upper falls, the water is very shallow and fairly slow moving, and there are a few small cascades that people were walking out onto. I started taking pictures, because it was very pretty, and Amelia started walking up the rocks to get into the picture. I got one or two with her there, and then as I was futzing with the camera, she decided to climb one more. I was setting up my shot when I heard a loud "THWAP" and I looked up to see Amelia ass-down, feet-up lying in a shallow pool of water on the rocks. My immediate reaction was concern for the well being of my wife (hence I missed a golden photo-op), but as soon as I realized she was OK, I was struggling to stifle a hellacious fit of the giggles. As we were walking away and I determined that she wasn't going to need medical attention, I burst out laughing. It certainly wasn't the best memory of the trip, but it certainly made the day brighter :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the record: It was my hip area and it hurts!

rebecca said...

ouch!