Sunday, October 29, 2006

Unstuck

Amelia was out of town yesterday afternoon visiting with a friend up in Mansfield, so I took the opportunity to try, once again, to season our cast iron skillets. You might remember my previous attempt. Well, Amelia's uncle gave me a hint that I wanted to try out, and it seems to have worked! My problem with my previous attempt was the type of fat I was using. I had been using oil rather than shortening when doing the actual seasoning. So, after a trip through the self-cleaning cycle of the oven, I smeared shortening all over a couple of pans and tried again. Last night's dinner, "Kielbasa Surprise", didn't stick, but I rarely have trouble with that. This morning was the real test, the potato flip. It didn't stick! Yay! Thank you, Uncle David.

No comments: