Friday, May 12, 2006

I *WISH* I was done

... with my former employer, that is. Two weeks after my last day, I received a deposit of another full paycheck. I called the HR department, and they told me that noone had told them that I had resigned. They assured me that things would get straighened out, and someone would contact me to let me know what to do with the funds. I never heard back, never heard back, never heard back, so I called again on Wednesday. They gave me a name and number of the person who was handling things, so I called and left a voice mail and specifically asked for a return call.



Of course you know, noone ever called.



So, I checked my account balance tonight. You guessed it. Another paycheck.



I suppose that this proves that they're consistent. They didn't do crap for me when I was an employee. Why should they care about me now that I'm not?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of what happened to Milton in one of my favorite movies. "I believe you have my stapler."

Anonymous said...

Obviously you don't want to spend it, but at least move the money into your savings account so that you can some interest on their mistake.

Bald Man Tom said...

Piglet,

Except, as I recall, it was *Milton* who didn't know he was gone, not the other way around...

Bald Man Tom said...

Ken,

You know, I'd be happy to move it, for just the reason you mention. Except that I'm worried that they'd try to pull the money back without telling me that they were doing it, and I'd get a lovely bounce out of my checking account. That would suck, mightily...