Thursday, July 03, 2008

Back to the Chair

Faithful readers of this blog will remember last year when I took issue with a poor experience with the American Red Cross, vowed to not donate blood again, and then got a follow up letter and phone call from a representative of the ARC. I actually made it to March before I gave blood again, but that was on a walk-up basis, and I would have turned around if there had been anyone else at the blood drive. However, a few weeks ago, I got a call from the ARC asking me to give blood and schedule an appointment. I expressed my reservations about delays when I had a scheduled appointment, but the rep assured me that the ARC had made some changes, and now it is policy to try to get to those with appointments within 15 minutes of their scheduled time, so I agreed, and signed up for this morning. Not only was I seen promptly (OK, I had the very first appointment of the morning), but the whole experience only lasted 30 minutes from the start of my appointment and, as a bonus, I happened to go on a day that Kroger was sponsoring a "Pint for a Pint" day at the blood drive and got a pint of ice cream! W00t! Ice cream aside, I was happy with my experience this morning, and will go again. The true test will be to see how well it works when I have an afternoon appointment.

3 comments:

Joann said...

Good job getting back on that horse!

Darrin said...

WTG Tom. Glad to hear that this experience was much better than the dreaded 2-hour wait no you can't give blood experience.

Anonymous said...

Great job!

Hope you enjoy that ice cream--you deserve it! :)