Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Trip to the Library

Review of my last selections:

I FINALLY finished the autobiography by Madeline Albright. 700+ pages long. It was an interesting and educational (gasp) book. I would recommend this one however it is not a "beach read".

I enjoyed "Camel Club" by David Baldacci. It is a very timely fiction book with a post 9/11 terrorist plot. A quick read.

The final book was "The Woman who Waited". I was disappointed with this book. However I have a hard time understanding a book when one phrase is supposed to have 17 layers. I read fiction to enjoy not to analyze. This would be a book that you can find in an English Lit class. Too much symbolism for me.

I checked out two books today:
Fiction: Jeffrey Archer's "False Impression". I am a long time fan of author and picked up the book in the "new release" section for that reason alone.

Biography: Representing the "B's" is "Tony Blair" by Philip Stephens. It is MUCH shorter than the Albright store (500 pages less!). Blair is mentioned frequently in Albright's book so it will be interesting to read about the same timeframe but from a different view.

No comments: