Saturday, June 24, 2006

Neighbors Yard 1, Bald Man Tom 0

Now, we're not the best yard keepers in the world, but our neighbor hasn't done anything with his in at least the amount of time since we've lived here. The big issue is that there's lots of wild stuff growing along and through our fence, and there's one near the front of the fence that we have to keep trimmed back or we can't get out of our back yard.


Today, among other yard tasks, was "Hack Back the Neighbor's Jungle" day. We were going along pretty well, mostly just whacking at stuff that had grown through the chain link, with the occasional "preemptive strike" when it happened. I reached across to pull up a big chunk of stuff, and something in the chunk refused to budge. Deciding that I needed to exert my dominance over said stuff, I pulled with all of my might. My back took a holiday. It was at that point that I realized that the particular "chunk of stuff" included a sapling tree. It wasn't going anywhere.


So, here I sit, taking a dose of pain reliever every few hours. Time to break out the corn bag again, methinks...

No comments: