Friday, June 20, 2008

Some Traditions Are Worth Keeping

Our first date was six years ago today. For that date, I drove down to central OH in the morning and worked out of a satellite office for my employer, then we went to dinner and ice cream. Six years later, I live in the area, so no need to drive several hours just to go out with my Sweetie, but dinner, ice cream and a walk are still important to us. So, we're leaving Bambina with a friend for a few hours and going out to remind ourselves of one of the best days of our lives.

Love you, Sweetie...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on six years of dating. I hope you have a great time today.

I remember my first real date with Fern. That will be 21 years ago this September. We when to a showing of Buckaroo Bonzai at the local "pub" on campus.

Joann said...

That's sweet.

Bald Man Tom said...

ken -

Wait wait wait.... You went to see Buckaroo Bonzai and she *still* wanted to date you? Now *that's* a keeper! :)

Darrin said...

Awww... that's sweet. No really, that is sweet. Always remember those date as they are some of the most important. I missed ours this year (sorry M). We headed back home and it took us out of the area so it literally didn't cross my mind about the significance of the date. *sigh* So I guess I'll have to make up for it later.

Have a good time you two!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, fellow Flyers. (We've adopted you into the family, Amy, even though you've never wandered down Brown Street or eaten at the Taco Bell at 12:30 AM.)

Boo and Peanut's Momma said...

Who'd have ever thunk it? I remember the day you met well....ODell was almost hit by a tornado waiting for me to get back from Christine's wedding.