Saturday, June 16, 2007

Well Worth the Weight (and the Wait)

Tonight, Amy took me out to dinner for my birthday. Yeah, yeah, so my birthday was a few months ago, who's keeping track? Anyway, she took me to a place called The Melting Pot at nearby Easton. I've been wanting to go there since she went there last year with her girlfriends, but she told me she'd only take me for a "special occasion." Evidently, this qualified.

Well, after looking at the menu, I know why she wanted to wait. Suffice to say it was somewhat pricey. But lemme tell you, it was great! Not great enough to entice me to pay that kind of price very often, but every once in a while (maybe every decade or century or so) it'd a lot of fun. We had more food than we could eat, and it was very, very tasty. Good thing I'm walking 9 miles per day during the week, I'll need all that exercise!

Anyhow, I'm very grateful to my lovely wife for dinner. It was more than worth not having a "week of birthday" like she gets... :)

6 comments:

rebecca said...

I went to that place a few years ago in pittsburgh. It is amazing food! i agree about the prices - that took me by surprise as well.

Rattus Peregrinus said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

What kind of food do they serve?

Is it a fondue type of place?

Bald Man Tom said...

rattus -

Yes, it's a fondue place. Amy and I shared a meal, which came in 4 courses. The first course was a cheese fondue with veggies, bread and apples for dippers. The second course was a small salad. Third course was the main meal. We had beef, chicken, shrimp and tuna with assorted veggies, dipped in coq au vin. The final course was dessert, which was a chocolate/marshmallow creme fondue with cake, cheesecake, scones, strawberries and pineapple for dippers.

Very, very tasty. Very, very pricey. Seriously. With a kid on the way, I don't see us going there again anytime soon...

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha Ha!!

You got to celebrate your birthday first!!

(Said the man who's 37 for only a couple more hours...)

BTW, I've heard good things about The Melting Pot; it's nice to know that they're confirmed. Have you thought about a fondue party sometime?

Bald Man Tom said...

redbeard -

I'm giving some thought about fondue. I don't know if I'm ready to do a full meal, but I think I could manage either chocolate or cheeses. I'll need to start doing some experiments when I get the time...

Rattus Peregrinus said...

Hey!

You can come down here and experiment on me anytime.

That’s what rats are for!!!