Friday, June 29, 2007

For your summer reading pleasure...

Last night I went to Barnes and Noble and splurged on a hard cover book. (I admit to being a library girl!) An old co-worker and friend Sue Ellen found out that one of our favorite columnist and Pulitzer Prize winner, Connie Schultz was in town to speak and sign her new book .... and His Lovely Wife. I have been a huge fan of Connie's for years. She is passionate about her beliefs and stands up for the underdog and an advocate of women's rights. I wish I could be more like her. I wish I had her passion and could take a firmer stand on somethings in this world. The book is her memoir of her life on the campaign trail while her husband, Sherrod Brown, was running for the US Senate. Please check out her bi-weekly column in the Cleveland Plain Dealer, her first book Life Happens (a collection of her columns and another great read) and her new book.

1 comment:

Rattus Peregrinus said...

Thanks for the reading tip Amy.

I'd never heard of her before, but I followed your link to her editorials and I like her writing.