Sunday, January 01, 2012

Three Items

Item the first: my kids asked for mashed potatoes for dinner tonight. OK, that's not quite true, I offered them rice, noodles or mashed potatoes, and they chose mashed potatoes. This is significant because until a month ago, neither would touch a potato if it wasn't julienned and deep fried. Color me happy, that means we can re-introduce potatoes to the menu.

Item the second: my parents got me one of these for Christmas. I've used it pretty extensively for the last week, and I think I like it. This is my first ceramic knife, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect. It's nice and sharp, and the handle on this one is a nice fit for my oversized hand. It's a little light for my preference, but I'm getting used to it. I have to use a little more force to get through things like potatoes and carrots, but that might just be that I'm used to using an 8" blade. Anyhow, I like it well enough that I'm half tempted to get a larger ceramic knife for my knife block.

Item the third: we gave Poet and Happy their first introduction to Star Wars tonight. They didn't watch much, just enough to see C3PO and R2D2, which they know from a t-shirt Happy had over the summer. They were completely rapt during their few minutes with one of my favorite movies. I'm eagerly anticipating them getting a little older so we can watch it and the rest of the series all the way through.

No comments: