Monday, August 03, 2009

Tom the Plumber

Just an update to yesterday's adventures, I went to a local mega-hardware chain at lunch and asked a seemingly knowledgable gentleman about my problem. He pointed me to a kit that ran under $4 that he said would solve my problem. I got home after work, and found that I was missing one piece and a washer to connect my new trap to the existing drain. Undaunted, I removed the piece from my old pipe and used a judicious amount of silicone caulk in place of the missing part. Installation took about 30 minutes, and now we have a fully functional bathroom sink again. Yay, me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing.

Tom the Plumber rides again!

Darrin said...

good jorb!!!! fixing stuff is fun!

redbeard's wife said...

"Can we fix it?"

"Yes, we can!"

(from Bob the Builder)