Sunday, August 02, 2009

The Handyman (not...)

Some time ago, Amy asked me to clean the aerator on our bathroom faucet. I mumbled a "yes, dear" and promptly forgot about it until it randomly popped into my head this afternoon. Not wanting to forget again, I grabbed a wrench to dislodge it (it was pretty coated in lime). Unfortunately, I turned a little too hard, and broke the faucet. So, out to the hardware store to purchase a new faucet, which comes with a stopper piece for the drain. The faucet went in without a hitch, but while trying to remove the plumbing to install the new stopper, the drain pipe snapped in half from years of corrosion. Fun! Of course, this happened at 9P tonight, no hardware stores open in our area. So, tomorrow, I head out to pick up my drain fixing supplies. Whee!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You mean there aren't any 24 hour Home Depots around? There are two down here, and I've had late night excursions to them before. (All for plumbing supplies, imagine that!)

redbeard's wife said...

Yes, Tom, your story sounds identical to a couple of incidents from Mike's history!

Bald Man Tom said...

mtlawson and redbeard's wife -

I had thought that hardware stores (except the locals) were open 24 hrs, but I must be remembering things from back in NE OH. Here in central OH, they close at 9P (maybe earlier) on Sunday. Sigh...