Tuesday, March 25, 2008

MLB Screws the Fan (Again)

It's rare that I don't catch a televised broadcast of my favorite major league baseball team, but from time to time, they'll play a day game during the week. In the past, it was possible to at least listen to the game on an internet stream. But this year, MLB has decided that people have to pay for the pleasure of listening to something that, if they had a radio handy, they could listen to for free. Thanks, MLB. You've provided me another reason to stop following your teams.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you wonder why I stopped following the Reds? (Well, the lack of any coherent plan didn't help either, and the lack of anything resembling revenue sharing or a salary cap...)

Here's another kicker for you, Tom. When your team's cable channel debuted, I was surprised (and delighted) to find that DirecTV in Cincy picked it up as a sports channel that I didn't have to subscribe to the sports tier to get. That was nice for things like the high school football playoffs, which they broadcast. I checked out the channel a month or so ago to find out that DirecTV had put it back in their sports tier for us; apparently we aren't local enough.

Darrin said...

That is teh suxorz. I'm glad I'm not that big of a baseball follower, otherwise I'd be P.O.'d