Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Moving along...

After over three and a half years with my current place of employment, I'll be moving on starting December 1. The metaphorical "pastures" aren't necessarily any greener (every job has its good and bad), just different. The new position will be with another startup, which will make three out of the five jobs I've held. I'll be working with a few ex-AOLers, which will be pretty exciting. The position I'm moving on to is a contract position rather than full-time salaried, which has its benefits and drawbacks. Oh, and one big plus is that this will be a "work from home, all the time" position. W00t!

So, in summary, I wish my soon-to-be-former company the best. I still believe in the people and the product. And I eagerly look forward to settling in with the new company. Hopefully it'll be a long and profitable partnership for all involved.

4 comments:

Missy said...

Does that mean you're movin back then! he he

Bald Man Tom said...

Missy,

The long-term answer has always been a resounding "YES"! We're unsure of the timing of course. It's not going to happen right away, we'll need to wait a bit to make sure this gig will work out, and that we can get affordable health insurance for when Amy is between jobs, and a few other things. But yes, we're planning on moving back :)

Redbeard said...

Hey, congrats, man!

Darrin said...

Congrat Mr Tom. But we'll be sad when you finally head back up north. :(