Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Duck, Duck, Goose!

A cute little story to share and remember.

Teagan has an alphabet book. It is a favorite because it is a touch and feel book. The letter "D" is represented by two ducklings. When we read the book, I have gotten into the habit of patting both on the head and saying "duck, "duck" and patting her head and saying "goose". I thought it was silly and went onto letter "E". Over the weekend, we were playing the game- Where is your nose? or Where is your belly? Later, when we were reading her book, she automatically put her hands on her head when we got to "D". Hmmm went my memory- so I asked her- Where is your goose? Up went the hands right on her hair. If you ask her where is her head is she has no clue, but if you ask her where her goose is, she consistently goes to her head. It is SO cute. We will need to work on the correct word but for now she is so proud of what she knows that I don't want to break her heart.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute indeed, Amy. Is everything back to normal up there, I trust?

Joann said...

Ah the power of the parent. You could tell her the world is made of cookies and she'd believe you. That's a cute story. I have it stuck in my goose, I mean head. hee hee

Boo and Peanut's Momma said...

I'm sitting here laughing. I could SOOO easily see Noah doing the same in a couple of months. GREAT story.

Darrin said...

hehe heh hhe hehe h

awesome.