Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Brief Update

It's been a few weeks since we posted an update, so here's a brief recap:

  • Bambina had her three-week follow-up with the cranofacial clinic at Columbus Children's Hospital. The doctors are very happy with how things have healed up.
  • Bambina went in for her 9 month (holy cow, she's 9 months old?!) pediatrician checkup. She:
    • is 27 inches long
    • weighs 18.25 lbs
    • has a head circumference of 17.25 inches
  • We went looking for a new, larger vehicle in a panicked state, because we didn't think we'd be able to get two car seats in our tiny S-series Saturns. Darned near bought one, too, before we came to our senses and I figured out how to get them installed.
  • My mom is officially retired! We went to an "un-Labor Day" party on her behalf. Had lots of roasted pig. Yummmm....
  • Bambina is using a sippy cup, now that she's able to produce suction in her mouth.
  • Bambina is starting to eat "crunchies" like Cheerios.
  • Bambina is getting her first tooth!
  • Bambina is starting to crawl.
  • I gave blood last Wednesday. I was not the first appointment of the day, so I was curious how quickly I'd be seen. I arrived somewhat early, and the whole process was so quick that I finished only slightly after my original appointment time. I must say, I'm impressed.
  • My back took a vacation. It started last Thursday morning, it was very sore when I got up. It hurt worse the more the day wore on. Friday I needed loopy drugs to help manage the pain (which they failed miserably to do). Yesterday was the first really manageable day, today is better, but it still hurts.
  • I'm preparing to paint the kitchen. I finally got around to finishing mudding a few places that needed patching. Tonight I'll sand what I mudded, then I'll paint this weekend whilst Amy and Bambina are elsewhere.
  • I've started exercising again. I kinda fell off the bandwagon for a while, being way exhausted due to little sleep. But I stepped on the scale yesterday, and the left-most number was too high, and the middle number was too low, so I knew I'd have to get back to business. I'm going to the gym with a co-worker, Evil Dr. Bob.
  • Because of the drought we've been having here, I hadn't mowed in a while. I finally broke down and did it last night and discovered that only two things had grown in the last month: the jungle next door and the thistle infesting our lawn. Everything else is dead or dormant.

OK, so maybe that wasn't so brief... :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, nice update.

Hope to see you 3+ soon.