Thursday, July 05, 2007

Six Things I Loved About Today

  1. I stayed up until after midnight this morning. I'm a night owl by nature, and it's not often that I get to stay up late without consequences.
  2. I slept in until almost 10AM WITHOUT BEING INTERRUPTED BY CATS!!! That nearly never happens!
  3. Amy and I went caching today, and it was super-duper, extra special fun. One of our long-term goals is to find a cache in each of Ohio's 88 counties, and today we picked up six new counties. That in and of itself is fun, but as we've said before, caching is just such a fun adventure. You just never know what you're going to find. Today, we drove through parts of Ohio that we've never seen before. There's some absolutely beautiful country side out there just waiting to be explored. Plus, there's just plain odd stuff out there. See that picture over there at the left? That's a huge scoop once used for mining coal. And that little blue spec with the light glinting off the top? That's me standing in it. Way, way cool!
  4. This conversation I had with my good friend, Xabu:
    • BMT: Hey Xabu!
    • Xabu: Hey!
    • BMT: I got a strange question for you...
    • Xabu: I'm good at answering strange questions.
    • BMT: There's a pizza place in Zanesville.
    • Xabu: Yeah...
    • BMT: What's it's name?
    • Xabu: Adornetto's.
    Now, there's gotta be 50 pizza places in Zanesville, but he comes up with the exact one I'm thinking of without a second thought!
  5. The pizza from Adornetto's. If you ever blow through Zanesville, you should stop and give it a try.
  6. I spent this entire day with the love of my life :)

4 comments:

Darrin said...

Ahhh.... Big Muskie. Still haven't been there yet. Where's that at again? Is it near Cleveland?

Bald Man Tom said...

darrin -

Amy is scared that you knew the name of that scoop :P

Nope, Big Muskie is southeast of here in Morgan county. It's part of the Miner's Memorial which is based in Noble County.

Joann said...

That looks like fun.

Rattus Peregrinus said...

Can you imagine how much fun it would have been to operate that scoop?

Glad you guys had a great day!!