Monday, April 09, 2007

Wines Review

As promised,I've finally gotten around to finding the notes I took while at a wine festival a few weekends ago. Among the wines that I tried that I liked (either for me or Amy, and in no particular order):

Can't forget the Meeker! The Handprint Merlot is my absolute favorite, and the FroZin can't be beat for a desert wine (IMHO).

Now, I know that Redbeard, Piglet and Xabu were probably expecting to see Pizza Vino on my list, but for some reason, I wasn't all that impressed. But maybe that's because I wasn't eating pizza while drinking it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nah, that's not that much of a surprise. Pizza Vino is more tannic and has a bigger mouthfeel than some, and it's designed to handle those tomato sauces.

Too bad you've been scared away by the vanilla in the chardonnays, Tom. Winemakers have been getting away from them lately, and the Chardonnays no longer taste like you've been eating vanilla pudding.
;-)

Bald Man Tom said...

Normally I love the "punch you in the mouth" wines. There are a couple of wines to which Xabu and Piglet have introduced me that'd peel all the taste buds off your tongue, and I love them. The more sand-papery, the better. Pizza Vino just... lacked... something. Not sure what.

Chardonnay..... hmmmmm..... remind me next year to try again. I did try a few, and they were less oaky, less buttery, less vanilla-y than in the past, but none of them made me want to drink more. Wish I'd have noted a few, it might've been interesting to pick up a bottle now, a few weeks later, and try again.

Xabu and Piglet, you pick can yourselves up off the floor now :P

Anonymous said...

Hey Tom, so you know, we were on television that Saturday night.

Remember when there was someone off to the side who was recording us talking to someone at one of the booths? That dude was a cameraman for Fox19, and they ran a short piece on the Wine Fest that night.

One of the guys at the local Krogers, whom I went to high school with, was telling me about it just a few minutes ago when I was over there for a short run.

I guess we burned up about 30 seconds of fame; only 14 minutes and 30 seconds to go. ;-)