Sunday, December 13, 2009

The End of an Era

Today, I've lost a friend. I met this friend way back in 1997 when I moved into a house with long-time friend, Cooper, and now-friend, Xabu. I think he was there right when we moved in, because neither Cooper nor Xabu takes credit for bringing him in. He was there with us, mostly hanging out in the kitchen, all the way until I bought my house in NE OH, and followed me to my new place. So devoted a friend, he even came with me to Central OH when I moved here six years ago. He has seen me find the love of my life, get married, and become the father of two beautiful young kids. But today, my friend ran out on me, and I have to say, I'm somewhat sad. It'll be very, very hard to replace you...

Anyone know where I can find a restaurant supply store in the Central OH area? I need another gigantic roll of plastic wrap...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom,
I am sure I could find you a roll over at GFS if you want one.

Mom Hensley

Darrin said...

Sorry for your loss Tom. I concur with Momma Hensley, GFS could probably hook you up. Actually, there's a Wasserstroms up on I-71. I've always wanted to go there. Lemme know if you plan on going.

http://www.wasserstrom.com/restaurant-supplies-equipment/Product_262638

Enjoy!

Joann said...

Geez Tom, how big was the roll? Or maybe you just used a little at a time. I had powder like that once and I thought it would never run out. Alas it did.

Unknown said...

Truthfully, you inherited that from me. I inherited it from my first wife who liberated it from its restaurant kitchen slave hell sometime in the early 1990's. Through it's many homes, it lived a much longer and more fulfilling life than had it not been freed. Indeed, it shall be missed.