Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Attention Men

See the doo-dad in the photo there at the left? I'm sure you've all seen something like it in public restrooms across the country. That little thingy sticking out to the left of the main, upright whats-it? Do you know what it is? I'll give you a hint, in case you're mystified. It performs the very same function as the little lever on the commode in your bathroom at your own home. When you push it down as far as it will go and then release it, the contents of whatever device to which it is attached (this handle thingy can be found on both the upright and seated versions commonly found in lavatories, what a swell idea!) are whooshed away, to be replaced with much cleaner dihydrogen monoxide. How cool is that? Use of this lever-type device reduces odor caused by the previously mentioned contents of the attached device.

Now that you know what that little thingy is for, please for the love of Pete, FLUSH THE &@#$ed TOILET WHEN YER DONE!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I see one of those that looks like it's wet as hell, I usually use my stretching ability to kick the flush handle. Then I grab some paper towels to dry it off.

Darrin said...

You get 'em Tom! I hate it when that happens. I also hate the dude who, in an empty bathroom with 3 urinals, takes the one in the middle. C'mon! Don't you know common men's room ediquette? You take the one on either end. That's the rules. Look it up!

Anonymous said...

That might have been me... sorry. Any more with all the hands-free uriners around, I just zip up and wash my hands automatically without checking.

Another example of technology making us lazy. Dammit if I can tell you a phone number a call every day...